Why should you learn how to relax fast? Because stress is more than just unpleasant. It’s also dangerous. Many diseases are now known to be caused by or made worse by stress, but you can do something about it. Just try these relaxation techniques today and use them whenever you feel that tension coming on.
- HAVE A HOT SHOWER-The hot water relaxes your muscles, and the break from more stressful activities helps too.
2. PLAY RELAXING MUSIC- Experiment to see which music relaxes you the most effectively. Then keep your favorite relaxation CD at the office, or wherever you’ll need it most.
3. LAUGH- Of course, you know from experience that this helps you relax, right? Find the best jokes, or just find something funny in front of you.
4. GO OUTSIDE- This really helps if the things stressing you out are in the room or
associated with it. Why not get out for a little while?
5. CHAMOMILE TEA Chamomile has a calming effect on the nerves & hot drinks help you relax.
6. TAKE A WALK- Walking is one of the best relaxation techniques if you have at least ten minutes to spare. Find a pretty place to walk while you’re at it.
7. WATCH YOUR MIND If you can spot the stressors lurking just below the surface (hunger, worry, a phone call you need to make), you can resolve them and feel more relaxed.
8. BREATHE DEEPLY THROUGH YOUR NOSE- Just close your eyes and pay attention only to your breathing while doing this. Five slow deep breaths is a mini-meditation!
9. GIVE A HUG- As long as it’s from somebody you don’t mind hugging, this really can be very relaxing
10. INTERRUPT YOUR ROUTINE-Stop to talk to that Girl waiting for the bus or eat lunch on the roof. Anything that breaks you out of your habitual patterns can relieve stress.
Over time you can change to be more relaxed. Of course, if the thought of the work involved in this just stresses you more, you might want to take it slow and take it easy. In the meantime, the relaxation techniques above really aren’t difficult, so why not try a few, and learn how to relax fast.
I hope you find these tips on how to relax fast useful.
Looking for more inspiration to aid relaxation? Why not treat yourself and check out my array of supporting guides on topics such as stress relief, meditation and self care?
Cheering you on!
Ronah Corcoran-O’Reilly, Wellbeing & Biz Consultant for Care, Community & Social Enterprise